Women everywhere are raving about the game-changing benefits of laser hair removal. Imagine the joy of saying goodbye to regular shaving and waxing! Everyone deserves a chance to be free from unwanted body hair as soon as they can — even young girls. The question is, how old do you have to be to get laser hair removal?
Below, we examine the top questions and concerns on laser hair removal for young ladies. We also look at some tips to consider before undergoing treatment. By the end of this article, we hope you’ll be empowered with more knowledge for the next step on your hair removal journey!
What is the minimum age for laser hair removal?
Before we begin, it’s important to remember that every woman’s body, no matter what age, is unique. This means that self-care practices should cater to personal needs. The same thing applies to hair removal, whether it’s laser hair removal or electrolysis or waxing.
So, what is the minimum age for laser hair removal? Technically, there isn’t a universal minimum age set in stone, since different laser providers can have different guidelines. Setting a minimum age is also tricky because, as mentioned, each body is different. In the case of young women (and men), they can reach puberty at different times.
But why is it important to consider puberty for laser hair removal? Due to several hormonal shifts during early puberty, teenagers experience significant changes in their body. This means that if young girls undergo laser hair removal before hitting puberty, the results may only be temporary since their bodies are still changing rapidly. Because of this, many dermatologists advise young patients to begin laser treatment only after hitting puberty, or after their menstrual cycle has started.
What is the ideal age for laser hair removal?
Now that we’ve covered what age young ladies can get laser hair removal, you might also wonder, what age should they get laser hair removal? Determining the minimum age can be different from knowing the age when laser treatments are most efficient.
We’ve learned that the results of laser hair removal can be fleeting or counterproductive when done before puberty, so when is laser hair removal permanent? Because hormonal shifts affect hair growth, the optimal time to begin laser hair removal is after the age of 18. This is typically the age when a teenager’s hormones stabilize, ensuring more permanent results after laser treatment.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that laser procedures are only for women around the age of 18. Laser hair removal is still ideal for adult women in their 20s – 40s, since their bodies are still producing a lot of hair during this period.
Women from this higher age range also don’t have as much time to spend to have their hair professionally removed. With that, laser treatment remains ideal for older adult women looking for hassle-free solutions to remove unwanted hair.
What are some tips to consider before undergoing laser treatment?
There’s no denying that there are several benefits of underarm laser hair removal, and with the right guidance, younger ladies can experience them too! Here are some tips that parents and young girls should consider before doing laser hair removal.
1. Educate and Communicate. Open communication fosters trust and allows your daughter to make an informed decision about her body. Ensure that your daughter understands the expected outcomes and any potential discomfort. If your daughter wants to know how much laser hair removal is, you can opt to discuss this upfront. You can even share insights you’ve learned on the minimum age for laser hair removal!
2. Set Expectations. Laser hair removal may require multiple sessions for optimal results. Setting realistic expectations and discussing complete details on the process helps manage expectations and avoid disappointment.
3. Consult the Family Doctor. Consulting a physician before laser treatment is crucial especially for young girls. This ensures that the procedure is safe and suitable for their age and health. Professional guidance also adds an extra layer of reassurance for your daughter throughout her laser hair removal journey.
4. Choose a Reputable Provider. Laser hair removal is safe even for young ladies, as long as it’s done by reliable experts. Choose a provider with tried and tested services. For instance, Facial Care Centre has years of experience with laser hair removal in the Philippines, so you can rest easy knowing that your skin is in good hands.
5. Let Your Daughter Decide. Empower your daughter by seeking her consent before laser hair removal. Ensuring she’s included in the decision-making process promotes a positive laser experience for her and fosters a healthy discussion with her parents.
Begin Your Glow-Up Journey Right
Laser hair removal offers a wealth of benefits, and with the right conditions, young girls can share in this confidence-boosting experience too! After all, teaching young women to care for their bodies in a positive and nurturing way can have long-lasting effects on their overall well-being.
Are you ready to bid farewell to unwanted hair and begin your glow-up journey?
At Facial Care Centre, we can provide you and your daughter with experienced skin professionals who will guide you every step of the way. Get a free consultation today to get personalized advice for unveiling your smoother, hair-free skin!